What will I need when I’m ready to buy a policy?

If you own a vehicle you will need your license, age, make, model and the vehicle identification number (“VIN”) of your car. A licensed agent will guide you through the process to determine the appropriate liability limits for your needs. Some companies offer good student discounts if you maintain a “B” or better grade point average so have your most recent report card with you. Most companies offer payment plans which require at least a 25 percent down payment.

The Department Of Insurance has an automobile consumer guide which can help you understand insurance terms, your financial responsibility when operating a vehicle and what to do in case you have an accident. You can request a hard copy of the brochure by calling 800-726-7390, pressing “6.”

Feedback and Knowledge Base