Am I eligible for re-entry services if I am married?

Eligibility is considered on a case-by-case basis. If you are married, you’ve entered into your own agreement as an adult to be in a co-care relationship. The intention of re-entry services is not to support a spouse.

If you live with a spouse, you are not independent. However, there may be circumstances that could potentially make you eligible (ex. You are not living with your spouse, showing instability). Re-entry services could also impact other assistance your family receives as a unit, which may not be in your best interest.

If re-entry services are not the best path for you due to your marital status and circumstances, you may still be eligible to receive Chafee aftercare services. These services are not based on marital status.

Feedback and Knowledge Base