A unit of care is determined by the number of hours and time of day that a child spends in child care.
Number of hours in care:
- Part day (30 minutes to 2 hours and 59 minutes per day)
- Half day (3 to 4 hours and 59 minutes per day)
- Full day (5 to 10 hours per day)
Time of day care is provided:
- Daytime care (Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Evening care (Monday through Friday from 7:01 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.)
- Weekend care (6 a.m. Saturday to 7 p.m. Sunday)
NOTE: Care that begins or ends during evening or weekend is considered an evening or weekend unit of care.